We organize our research into four areas implemented by research groups and a joint focus:
1. Atmospheric Remote Sensing and Climate System Research (ARSCliSys group)
2. Regional and Local Climate Modeling and Analysis Research (ReLoClim group)
3. Economics of Climate and Environmental Change Research (EconClim group)
4. Joint Research Focus Hydrological Extremes in a Changing Climate (RF HydExClim)
These WEGC research areas are strategically embedded in a seamless manner into the overall research core area Environment and Global Change (EGC):
- the globally oriented research of ARSCliSys, ClimEMet, and EconClim into the EGC joint focus GlobEOS–Global Earth Observation and Stewardship in Climate & Environmental Change,
- the research of ReLoClim, the regional- and local-scale research of ARSCliSys, ClimEMet, and EconClim, and the research under the RegIMOS joint focus into the EGC joint focus RegIMOS–Regional Integrated Modeling and Studies in Climate & Environmental Change, and
- the human dimensions oriented research of EconClim into the EGC joint focus HDChange–Human Dimensions of Global Environmental Change.
A focus region is Austria/Styria in the global context for studies with high resolution in time and space, e.g. innovative climate-, environmental-, and economical-modeling from regional to local scale.